Session 4: Manifestation (1950s-60s)
Session 4: Manifestation©, the fourth course in the Foundations pro-life curriculum, continues our decade-by-decade journey to uncover the roots of the culture of death and the post-Christian transformation of America. Session 4 covers the 1950s - 1960s.
What you'll discover in Session 4:
- The new face of the eugenics movement in the 1950s: population control
- Family planning as population control propaganda
- How secularization, situation ethics, moral relativism, and social revolutions transformed America in the 1960s
- The Black community's efforts to expose birth control and abortion as "Black genocide," the division that resulted, and the deliberate strategies used to silence them
- The Hegelian dialectic as a corruption of truth and a means to force change
- How the philosophies of the culture of death progressed and the strides that were made legally, politically, and culturally
- How the birth control pill impacted relationships, family, and God's design for marriage and gender
- The Protestant and Catholic church's responses to birth control legalization
- The second wave of feminism, its radicalization, and the Biblical perspective
- The reframing of abortion from a moral issue to one of mercy, health care, privacy, and women's equality
- How the Church participated in the legalization of abortion
*We highly recommend you complete Session 1 (the basics), Session 2 (1900s - 1920s), and Session 3 (1930s - 1940s) before beginning this course. Purchase this course as part of the Foundations pro-life curriculum and save $30!
Watch a sneak preview:
How it works:
This course is divided into four online modules. Each module includes approximately 20-30 minutes of content and a 15-20 minute assessment and discussion/reflection activity. Total Session 4 time is approximately 3 hours, with activities. You will have access to this course for 30 days and can take it as many times as you'd like. When you purchase the Foundations pro-life curriculum, the course is available for 6 months.
Your purchase also grants you access to the Educe® Knowledge Base—our online library that includes links to all the research used to develop this course, recommended resources, and supplemental materials like video clips, audio recordings, and downloadable articles.