Session 5: Deterioration (1970s-1990s)
Session 5: Deterioration©, the fifth course in the Rise Up in the Truth series, continues our decade-by-decade journey to uncover the roots of the culture of death and the post-Christian transformation of America. Session 5 covers the 1970s, 80s, and 90s.
What you'll discover in Session 5:
- The birth of bioethics in modern medical research and practice and its profound impact on healthcare
- The deeper embedding of eugenics in radical environmentalism, the reproductive rights agenda, and rapidly advancing biotechnologies
- How the courts were used to advance the culture of death during this time period, particularly in abortion legalization, infanticide practices, and medical neglect of the disabled
- The influence of the Reagan, Bush, and Clinton presidencies in the battle for life
- The fundamental philosophies of the modern pro-life movement and the split that occurred
- The silencing of the Black community's efforts to expose birth control and abortion as "Black genocide," from within and outside of the community
- The continued destruction of the Black family by the birth control and abortion industries, through government policy and radical feminist influence
- Third-wave feminism; its intersectional ideology, strategies for change, and academic and political influence
- The Moral Majority and its impact on Christianity in America, both then and now
- The heart and purpose of the pro-life rescue movement from the Catholic and evangelical perspectives (EXCLUSIVE interviews with Dr. Monica Miller [president of Citizens for a Pro-Life Society] and Pastor Keith Tucci (former director of Operation Rescue, 1990-1993])
- Silencing rescues through legislation and the courts
- The moral and spiritual crossroads America faced at the dawn of the new millennium
*We highly recommend you complete Session 1 (the basics), Session 2 (1900s-1920s), Session 3 (1930s-1940s), and Session 4 (1950s-1960s) before beginning this course. Purchase this course as part of the full curriculum package to save $30!
Watch a sneak preview:
How it works:
This course is divided into four online modules. Each module includes approximately 45 minutes of content and a built-in 15-20 minute assessment and discussion/reflection activity. Total Session 5 time is approximately 4 hours. You will have access to this course for 30 days and can take it as many times as you'd like. When you purchase the full curriculum package, the course is available for 6 months.
Your purchase also grants you access to the Educe™ Knowledge Base—our online library that links to all the research used to develop this course, provides video clips, audio recordings, and downloadable articles that supplement the courses, and lists recommended resources if you'd like to dig deeper.