Session 5: Deterioration (1970s-1990s)
Session 5: Deterioration©, the fifth course in the Foundations pro-life curriculum, continues our decade-by-decade journey to uncover the roots of the culture of death and the post-Christian transformation of America. Session 5 covers the 1970s, 80s, and 90s.
What you'll discover in Session 5:
- The birth of bioethics in modern medical research and practice and its profound impact on healthcare
- Eugenics in radical environmentalism, the reproductive rights agenda, and rapidly advancing biotechnologies
- How the courts and the presidency were used to advance abortion legalization, infanticide practices, and medical neglect of the disabled
- The foundational principles of the modern pro-life movement and the split that occurred
- The silencing of the Black community's efforts to expose birth control and abortion as "Black genocide"
- The continued destruction of the Black family by the birth control and abortion industries, through government policy and radical feminist influence
- Third-wave feminism; its intersectional ideology, strategies for change, and academic and political influence
- The Moral Majority and its impact on Christianity in America
- The pro-life rescue movement from the Catholic and evangelical perspectives and how the movement was silenced
- The moral and spiritual crossroads America faced at the dawn of the new millennium
*We highly recommend you complete Session 1 (the basics), Session 2 (1900s-1920s), Session 3 (1930s-1940s), and Session 4 (1950s-1960s) before beginning this course. Purchase this course as part of the Foundations pro-life curriculum to save $30!
Watch a sneak preview:
How it works:
This course is divided into four online modules. Each module includes approximately 45 minutes of content and a built-in 15-20 minute quiz and discussion/reflection activity. Total Session 5 time is approximately 4 hours, with activities. You will have access to this course for 30 days and can take it as many times as you'd like. When you purchase the Foundations pro-life curriculum, the course is available for 6 months.
Your purchase also grants you access to the Educe® Knowledge Base—our online library that includes links to all the research used to develop this course, recommended resources, and supplemental materials like video clips, audio recordings, and downloadable articles.