Session 6: Awakening (2000s-2010s)
Session 6: Awakening©, the sixth and final course in the Rise Up in the Truth series, concludes our decade-by-decade journey to uncover the roots of the culture of death and the post-Christian transformation of America. Session 6 covers the 2000s and 2010s.
What you'll discover in Session 6:
- The advancement of eugenics in biotechnologies, human genetics, nationalized healthcare, and the Go Green movement
- Transhumanism, emerging technologies, and future applications of eugenics
- How the courts were used to advance the culture of death and undermine the right to life during this time period
- Real and false victories in the pro-life movement
- The influence of the Bush, Obama, and Trump presidencies in the battle for life
- The rapid and visible expansion of the Black pro-life movement at the local and national level
- Fourth-wave feminism, expanding intersectionality, and the new global sexual revolution
- The Christian response to the gay and transgender revolutions
- Abortion advocates' new PR strategies and how to counter them, including the bodily autonomy argument, abortion as a moral good, and denial of post-abortion trauma
- The Occupy and Tea Party movements, the return of the Religious Right, and persecution of Christians in America
- The rise of the 21st-century Personhood movement and calls to return to the biblical path to pro-life victory in politics and culture
- The Church's response to life issues during this time period and the battle for life and death in a historical and spiritual context
- How the Church must respond to build and strengthen a culture of life amidst the current moral crisis in America
*We highly recommend you complete Session 1 (the basics), Session 2 (1900s - 1920s), Session 3 (1930s - 1940s), and Session 4 (1950s-1960s), and Session 5 (1970s-1990s) before beginning this course. Purchase this course as part of the full curriculum package to save $30!
Watch a sneak preview:
How it works:
This course is divided into four online modules. Each module includes 30-40 minutes of content and a built-in 15-20 minute assessment and discussion/reflection activity. Total Session 6 time is approximately 4 hours. You will have access to this course for 30 days and can take it as many times as you'd like.
Your purchase also grants you access to the Educe™ Knowledge Base—our online library that links to all the research used to develop this course, provides video clips, audio recordings, and downloadable articles that supplement the courses, and lists recommended resources if you'd like to dig deeper. Your access to the Knowledge Base is unlimited, even after your course expires.