Session 6: Awakening (2000s-2010s)
Session 6: Awakening©, the sixth and final course in the Foundations pro-life curriculum, concludes our decade-by-decade journey to uncover the roots of the culture of death and the post-Christian transformation of America. Session 6 covers the 2000s and 2010s.
What you'll discover in Session 6:
- The advancement of eugenics in biotechnologies, human genetics, nationalized healthcare, and radical environmentalism
- Transhumanism, emerging technologies, and future applications of eugenics
- How the courts and the presidency were used to advance the culture of death and undermine the right to life during this time period
- The rapid and visible expansion of the Black pro-life movement at the local and national levels
- Fourth-wave feminism, identity politics, and the new global sexual revolution
- Abortion advocates' new PR strategies and how to counter them, including the bodily autonomy argument, abortion as a moral good, and denial of post-abortion trauma
- The Occupy and Tea Party movements, nationalism, and persecution of Christians in America
- The rise of the 21st-century personhood movement and calls to return to the biblical path to pro-life victory in politics and culture
- The Church's response to life issues during this time period and the battle for life and death in a historical and spiritual context
- How the Church must respond to restore a culture of life amidst the current moral crisis in America
*We highly recommend you complete Session 1 (the basics), Session 2 (1900s - 1920s), Session 3 (1930s - 1940s), and Session 4 (1950s-1960s), and Session 5 (1970s-1990s) before beginning this course. Purchase this course as part of the Foundations pro-life curriculum to save $30!
Watch a sneak preview:
How it works:
This course is divided into four online modules. Each module includes 30-40 minutes of content and a built-in 15-20 minute assessment and discussion/reflection activity. Total Session 6 time is approximately 4 hours, with activities. You will have access to this course for 30 days and can take it as many times as you'd like. When you purchase the Foundations pro-life curriculum, the course is available for 6 months.
Your purchase also grants you access to the Educe® Knowledge Base—our online library that includes links to all the research used to develop this course, recommended resources, and supplemental materials like video clips, audio recordings, and downloadable articles.